Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Amount in Words

Karthick461
8 - Asteroid

Do we have any option to create 2 columns. 1 column for Amount and other column for Amount in Words.

like 1 as one , 2 as two , and go on...

9 REPLIES 9
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Karthick461 

We had a similar weekly challenge check this out

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/Challenge-235-Spell-It-Out-For-Me-Part-2/td-p/6409...

atcodedog05_0-1646662088207.png

Hope this helps : )

Karthick461
8 - Asteroid

I am not able to download your attachment. Can you please reattach please.

I am checking the link now

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Karthick461 

Try this

Karthick461
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @atcodedog05 . It was very helpful.

One quick question . Here you have manually imported input of 50 rows. ( ID and amount ).  But in my requirement, I am connected to database which has more fields. Amount in one of the column. but I dont have ID column. May be I can remove all and add Amount column alone. 

How to achieve with only Amount column without ID ? Any way to achieve

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Karthick461 

Add a record ID tool

atcodedog05_0-1646664397007.png

Karthick461
8 - Asteroid

Thats Great @atcodedog05 

2 doubts:

1) You are creating a column called Value at the end of the workflow , but calling that field Value before that. that is in 'Find Replace' section.. how it is working.

2) For example , if I want to show 682,784 as six Lakhs eighty two thousand seven hundred eighty four ( Indian format ) , what logic I need to change. Right now its shows six eighty two thousand seven eighty four

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Karthick461 

1. Value column is created from transpose tool and later I am using find replace tool to find the word values

2. If you want to change it to lakhs format it might require some rework. I don't think I will be able to look into that the previous workflow did take some good amount of time and it was created for weekly challenge.

Sorry buddy

Karthick461
8 - Asteroid

@atcodedog05 

Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @Karthick461 

Cheers and have a nice day!

Labels