Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Amount does not fit error in formula tool

Purpose
7 - Meteor

Workflow is resulting in the below error.  The Amount column is set to field type INT64 and size 4.  

The same value (i.e. positive value of 83749979278296000) does not generate an error.  But when it is converted into a negative value -83749979278296000, it run into an error.   Hopefully it has a quick solution.  

Purpose_0-1586546881279.png

The output should be a numeric value.   

Purpose

3 REPLIES 3
ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @Purpose ,

I did some digging and found an article that explains the issue fairly well.  The formula tool will convert the value to "double" perform the calculation and then convert back to "INT64".  However this value is too large to convert to "double".

As a workaround I converted the numeric column to a V_Wstring, added a Hyphen "-" to the front of it using a Formula tool and then converted back to INT64.  Works!

ggruccio_0-1586553301197.png

ggruccio_1-1586553316264.png

For more information please see the attached article:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Calculations-with-Field-Type-Int64/td-...

Purpose
7 - Meteor

ggruccio, 

Thanks a lot.  This worked.  I have marked the issue as resolved.  

harsh_alang
Alteryx
Alteryx

Starting version 23.1 Alteryx has added INT64 support in Formulas. Users will now be able to leverage large numbers in their calculations without losing precision.

HarshA
Labels