Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

AlteryxServiceException when running tutorials

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi

I trying To run the Map Input tool sample workflow from the Help menu.  After running the workflow, I select one of the Map Input tools to look at its configuration and I get a "timed out waiting for service to start" error followed by "timed out waiting for service to start"

alteryx Service Error.pngtimed out.png

If I start with elevated privileges, I get "Unable to create TileSetforcibly closed.png: Error receiving data: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host (10054)"

I'm running Alteryx Non-Admin Designer 2018.1.3.42973.  Windows 7, i7 32GB RAM

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Thanks

Dan

11 REPLIES 11
JeanetteF
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @danilang,

Thanks for this post. I am experiencing the exact same issues after updating to 2018.1. I hope that someone has experienced this and found a solution. 

Best regards, 

Jeanette

BrendanSheridan
7 - Meteor

Has anyone solved this problem. I have the same issue.

I am getting the same issue. I am currently running Version 11.3.3.30523

Many thanks

JeanetteF
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Brendan, 

I am currently in a correspondence with the Alteryx Support, I will write here when a solution has been found. If you want to be included in the email, then please send me your email and I will include you, when the next email is to be sent. 

Best regards, 

Jeanette

BrendanSheridan
7 - Meteor

Many thanks for that very kind offer Jeanette,

Yes please, that would be great if you could include me.

Kind regards

Brendan

JeanetteF
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all, incl @danilang and @BrendanSheridan

Here is the final solution, that the support team came up with and worked: Rename the file %PROGRAMDATA%\Alteryx\RuntimeSettings.xml (the new name doesn't matter).

I hope this solves the issue for you as well.

BrendanSheridan
7 - Meteor

Thank you JeanetteF,

That seems to have fixed me too 

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Thanks Jeanette

That solved the problem

Dan

Kumaran
6 - Meteoroid

Hi mate,

I am using Sql Server as an input data to read but it is showing below error message.

( An existing connection was forcibly closed by remote host. It is happening sometime it is running on the schedule.

But when i run manually there is no issue on this workflow.

Please let me know if you have any idea on this issue.

Thanks and appreciate your help

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Kumaran

You'd be better off posting this question on it's own in the main Designer discussion thread.  It will reach more people there.

Dan

Labels