Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

AlteryxService and Engine Error codes

fardeen9983
8 - Asteroid

I am using the AlteryxEngineCmd.exe and AlteryxService.exe on a workflow uploaded in a Private Studio, trying to fire off another workflow at the end of this one using the Run command tool for which I have the proper rights given

But when running from the gallery I am getting error messages saying the following

• AlteryxEngineCmd.exe returned an error code 2
  • AlteryxService.exe returned an error code 12

Both these messages tell me nothing about the issue and I am not able to find any documentation for the error codes, hence I am thoroughly confused. Any suggestions and help are welcome

Thanks and have a nice day. 

4 REPLIES 4
MatthiasSeil
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Error code 1 = Syntax not correct

Error code 2 = File not found

As a consequence, error code 12 is just both together 🙂

Do these workflows run fine on Designer?

If yes, I'd recommend to ensure that the path of where the cmd looks for the next workflow can be reached by the server. It probably will not work when it's a path on your local laptop.

Also, as soon as there is any space in a path or other string, you'll need quotes ('') around that string for the cmd.

fardeen9983
8 - Asteroid

Hi @MatthiasSeil 

Thanks for your answer

Unfortunately, I do not have the API feature privileges on my local machine, so when uploading the workflows to Gallery, I have to change them to point to the Service executable as it resides in the Server. So I am not able to run them locally in the Designer.

In that case, I wanted to ask about the parameters I used with the AlteryxService.exe were correct or not

Command - D:\Alteryx\bin\AlteryxService.exe

Arguments - addtoqueue="Full Path to Workflow",localhost,KEY

Here KEY is the Subscription key of the Private Studio, that I found from my Profile > Keys in Gallery. Is this KEY the Controller token needed here?

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx
MatthiasSeil
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

The Key is the controller token, correct.

Instead of "localhost" you need to specify the exact computer name. The rest looks good.

Please see the screenshots and further helpful links for details:

MatthiasSeil_1-1626597596005.png

MatthiasSeil_0-1626597446778.png

https://help.alteryx.com/current/server/alteryxservice-commands

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Knowledge-Base/Scheduling-Workflows-Using-Event-Run-...

Labels