Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx workflow to document alteryx connection properties and calculations

gvishal
5 - Atom

Hi all, 

Does anyone have an alteryx workflow that one can use to document the input connections as well as calculations within a click of a button?

Similar to one how one does for tableau twb file using alteryx ? 

Thank you, 

Vishal

2 REPLIES 2
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @gvishal,

Unfortunately I don't have a workflow but I can offer you some guidance. 

Firstly, have you checked out Alteryx connect? This is a new tool designed for pretty much this purpose, alongside seeing all of the data and reports that sit within a business.

But, as for a designer solution, you can read in a '.yxmd' file into Alteryx using the following trick...

https://benjnmoss.wordpress.com/2016/10/24/how-to-import-a-twb-in-alteryx/

You will then be able to parse the xml for the object you would like. You can use a text editor such as brackets/notepad++ to open an alteryx workflow too; I would do this alongside your workflow as it will enable you very quickly to identify the elements you neeed.

Ben

gvishal
5 - Atom

Thanks for sending this. I don't have access to alteryx connect. But I will use your link to build the workflow.

Labels