Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx with Tableau -- Need help

vinamra101
7 - Meteor

A survey on 500 respondents and asked six questions in the survey (Details in “Questions (CS 1)” of the attached excel file). The company needs to identify the % of respondents who answered 4 or 5 in each “Domain area” (Question 6).
WE need to create an Alteryx workflow to perform the data manipulations, transformations and
use the output of Alteryx to create the Tableau Dashboard
WE need to create the Tableau dashboard as per below requirements.
 - Chart
o Primary axis: Create a bar chart of the number of respondents who answered 4 or
5 in Domain area (Q6)
o Secondary axis: Create a line chart showing split by countries on the same chart.
o Sample dashboard attached – refer “Case study 1.jpg”
- Tooltip
o Bar chart: Area, # of respondents, % of respondents who answered 4 or 5
o Line chart: Country, Area, # of respondents, % of respondents who answered 4 or
- Filters: Add the following filters in dashboard:
o Country: UK, USA, India
o Job Type: IT/Software, Analytics, Core, Education
o Job Specialization: Electrical/Electronics, Mechanical, Civil, Industrial,
Infrastructure
- Filter should show “NA” for all the Job Types except Core
o Monthly Salary: Slider filter
o Activity: Office work, Music/Painting/Dancing, Sleep, School/College, Homework,
Sports, Others
o Domain Area: Area A-Q
Expected Output
Alteryx workflow,  Tableau dashboard
Key pointers:
1. All filters except Monthly Salary should be Multiple Values Dropdown type
2. There should be a legend of countries.
3. Add Note and Source text at bottom
4. Font should be “Arial”

I am stuck with designing the Alteryx workflow along with tableau dashboard. I am new to both the softwares and need help. This is a text question I am trying to solve would appreciate help and I will accept as correct answer to the person who helps me with this. 

4 REPLIES 4
echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

This forum is not intended for others to complete projects/work for you. It is a forum to assist users with specific questions and to be pointed in the correct direction.

That being said, do you have a specific area that you need help with or have a specific question? I suggest getting started, and then asking for help when you have something more specific you are stuck on. Thanks!

vinamra101
7 - Meteor

Yes, if someone could help me with designing an alteryx workflow to clean the data that would be really helpful. All the info is already provided in the thread

vinamra101
7 - Meteor

Ok I am going to explain the dataset "CS1 data.xlsx". Tab CS1 contains the master data set with columns : Respondent ID is the unique ID for the participants, Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4, Q5 are mapped to tab (Questions (CS 1)). they are basically questions being asked in the survey with options as 1,2, and 3.

You can check out the Questions (CS 1) tab if you wish to learn more about the dataset compilation.

TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @vinamra101 

As @echuong1  mentioned, the Community is not a place to have a workflow built for you.
We always recommend to users to start trying to build the workflow first, and when you encounter trouble to add specific questions on the Community which refer to those issues.

It always helps to provide the following details as well:
-A copy of your workflow

-A sample of your data, and how the data should look when edited

-Any error messages you may have received.

Additionally,

it appears your question appears to be based around building a Tableau Dashboard, you may want to reach out to the Tableau community for assistance there as well.

Hope this helps!

TrevorS

Community Moderator
Labels