Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx with Python

smille17
7 - Meteor

Python returns the "no valid metadata for the outgoing connection 1" error.

I am on 2019.1.6.58192 - and cannot upgrade.

Python returns a dataframe to output anchor 1 and I can see that data in the input anchor of a downstream tool.

I've tried Restore Defaults on User Settings which hasn't worked, and my code doesn't have any empty cells after the code... all things suggested on other posts.

Someone did mention that this might be a known bug - is that impacting v. 2019.1? Unfortunately, not in a place to upgrade as this workflow runs on server.

4 REPLIES 4
DiganP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@smille17 can you share the python workflow? I would love to take a look at it. I'm assuming the data type is pd and you are using Alteryx.write(df,1)?

Digan
Alteryx
JessieC
Alteryx
Alteryx

@smille17 ,

Typically, this error is solved by re-running the Alteryx workflow.

Per @DavidM in this post - you can try 

Alteryx.readMetadata("#1")   #Read metadata from connection #1

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Error-in-Python-Write-No-Valid-Metadat...

clipboard_image_0.png

smille17
7 - Meteor

Re-running does not help to resolve the error - but appreciate the suggestion!

The python tool did not have an input - that's by design - as this is kicking off the download of survey results - might have to try something else, maybe the download tool wrapped in a macro of some kind so I can download multiple survey results files.

Adding Alteryx.readMetadata("1")  (using a dummy text file input for testing) results in a ReferenceError: The input connection "1" has not been cached -- re-run the workflow to refresh the cached data.  (and this is after running the workflow).

Keep the suggestions coming!

smille17
7 - Meteor

Of course, it might have helped had I done:

Alteryx.readMetadata("#1") instead of ("1").

After adding that and re-running the workflow - seems to have taken care of the problem. Thank you!

Labels