Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx will not read in xls files

LoganJ
6 - Meteoroid

It is very strange. It will only read in the first cell. The input tool will not read in any of the headers or the data. If I open the xls (97-2003 excel) file in Excel, it opens and reads just fine. If I have the file open in Excel and then I run the input tool and the browse tool in Alteryx, it does work! But only if the file is already open in Excel. This is not a valid solution. What am I missing?

12 REPLIES 12
Jeannie
6 - Meteoroid

I need some help here.. I have uploaded an Excel sheet and tried to run in via the browser but nothing comes out. Even after I added a select tool, nothing appears too. But when i click on the input data as shown in the first pic, there is something there.

Any idea?

Jeannie_0-1640691280308.pngJeannie_1-1640691307338.pngJeannie_2-1640691316816.png

jlshanley
5 - Atom

Did you ever solve this? I am getting the exact same error. Would love any ideas!!

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Hi @jlshanley - start a new thread on this. You'll probably be asked to play around with the table/query options - and to run/save/load/reload. I'd also ask you to use an action tool to make sure it's configured correctly.  This original thread was on .xls which is the vintage version of excel files which are a totally separate and unique beast.

Labels