Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx use case for accounting - help with excel specific formulas

aspiringanalyst
5 - Atom

Good day,

I am a fairly new user of Alteryx and i have been trying to integrate this tool into my daily work, however while I am still learning I have run into difficulties.

For example, in my work one of my trask is to identify reversed account entries, i.e. yesterday someone recorded a $20 sale and today someone entered a -$20 sale.

The formula I am usually using for this in excel looks like the following:

=(COUNTIFS($M$12:M12,M12)<=MIN(COUNTIFS($M$12:$M$2999111,-M12),(COUNTIFS($M$12:$M$2999111,M12))))

This returns a "TRUE" for the entries I should investigate more.

These days the excel files i have to operate on are getting bigger and bigger and regular excel does not cut it anymore.

1 REPLY 1
Ben_H
11 - Bolide

Hi @aspiringanalyst 

I've attached a solution, but there will be other ways.

I used a formula tool to create a value with the opposite symbol i.e. 20 becomes -20.

Summarise the values to get to a list of unique input values (obviously could use the unique tool instead), then join the summarised values to the opposite symbol field. The records that join are those that require investigation.

Regards,

Ben

Labels