Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx update

BillyL14
8 - Asteroid

Hi 

I updated my ALteryx to the latest version this week (2020.4.5)but have started to get this message whenever I try to open any of my old workflows. It seems to be opening an older version of ALteryx. This has not happened to me before and am not sure how to fix. Has anyone else seen anything similar? thanks

WL1_0-1605898827396.png

5 REPLIES 5
DeanWest
9 - Comet

You can open workflows created with an older version of Alteryx by opening the workflow with Notepad (or a similar piece of software) and changing the version to match the version installed on your machine. 

DeanWest_0-1605900277191.png

Please let me know if you need any more assistance. 

DeanWest
9 - Comet

@BillyL14 

After reanalyzing your original post, I may have another suggestion that may help you resolve the problem you are experiencing. 

Do you have two versions of Alteryx installed on your machine? If so, you may want to make sure that your user installation is updated to the newest version. You may have updated your Alteryx using the administrator installation, which could be the reason you are experiencing issues.

Please let me know if you need any more assistance 🙂

BillyL14
8 - Asteroid

@DeanWest thanks very much for your help. I do have two versions on my computer at the moment, and I cannot get rid of the older version. I downloaded the non-admin version when I updated the newest version. How is it possible to update user installation to the newest version? thanks again

DeanWest
9 - Comet

@BillyL14 

To upgrade your user version of Alteryx, navigate to your downloads page found here: https://www.alteryx.com/resources/product-support/download-alteryx

Once you have signed in, click on the text "Altery Designer (2020.4)".

DeanWest_1-1605969249341.png

Next, download the "Non-Admin Alteryx Designer" (make sure to also download the "Non-Admin Alteryx Predictive Tools" if you wish).

DeanWest_0-1605970315621.png

Once the installer is done downloading, launch it and you should be prompted with this screen:

UninstallDesigner.png

Designer's installer should prompt you to uninstall your current version and will uninstall it for you during the upgrade process. Once the install is complete, the installer should proceed with upgrading your Designer to the most current version.

Please let me know if you need any more assistance with this issue 🙂

DeanWest
9 - Comet

@BillyL14 

To upgrade your user version of Alteryx Designer, go to your downloads page found here: https://www.alteryx.com/resources/product-support/download-alteryx

Click on the most current version of Designer:

DeanWest_1-1605969249341.png

Next, make sure to click on and download the "Non-Admin Alteryx Designer" installer (also the "Non-Admin Predictive Tools" installer if you wish)

DeanWest_0-1605970315621.png

After the installer has finished downloading, open it and you should be prompted with this screen:

UninstallDesigner.png

Allow Alteryx Designer's installer to uninstall the previous version of Alteryx. After that is complete, it should proceed with upgrading your Alteryx Designer (User version) to the newest version.

Please let me know if you need any more assistance 🙂

Labels