Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx tool

aparna0208
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am trying to get some help. Please see the attached snapshot. There are cases where same IDs have the same addresses(ID:10) and there are also cases where same IDs have different addresses(ID:30). I am trying to filter out the same IDs that have different addresses like ID:30. Is there a way to do it in Alteryx? Thank you in advance!

8 REPLIES 8
TerryT
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @aparna0208 

I think you want the Unique Tool:

clipboard_image_0.png

Cheers!

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

When you say filter out the same IDs that have different addresses, what would your desired outcome be? Would you like both of the rows for ID 30 removed from the dataset?

aparna0208
8 - Asteroid

Not really! Just kind of some indication that addresses are different for the IDs so that I can focus on the ones that have same addresses

aparna0208
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for your inputs! I already tried this method but the problem is if I use this, I am not sure as to which IDs had different addresses. I just want one result set indicating IDs that have same and different addresses

aparna0208
8 - Asteroid

The thing is it's not duplicates that I am trying to remove. ID is indicating a contact ID and that contact has two different registrations and in some cases one registration. When contact is registered twice then there are cases where it has same address and also in some cases two different cases. So I am just trying to look for the ID which is same but address is different.

TerryT
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Ah, I misunderstood.

Perhaps this configuration will help:

clipboard_image_0.png

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Take a look at this workflow. It splits into two populations, one that shows IDs with multiple addresses and one that shows the records with the same addresses. 

Address check.png

aparna0208
8 - Asteroid

I tried both methods and it worked. thank you so much for your help on this:) @BrandonB @TerryT 

Labels