Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx tool

aparna0208
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Please see the attachment. I have an output file with list of contacts and all related info. In attached snapshot, Scott William has two values for registration where one is Registered and other is BD. The other two contacts has one row each. I am trying to look for the contacts which has both registration values(Registered and BD) and categorize it as Dually Registered and filter out those rows. Just trying to see if this is possible using Alteryx? Thank you!

8 REPLIES 8
MichaelSu
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @aparna0208 ,

This is definitely possible with Alteryx. There are definitely multiple ways of accomplishing this, I thought it would be best to use the multi-row formula tool. Please have a look at attached solution.

Thanks,

Mike

fharper
12 - Quasar

depending on what you want to do an easy way would be to use the Smmarize tool.  Group by the name and count then...you get person1 with 2 and the other two people with count of 1 and filter on the count and you get only those = 1 or != 1 according to your interest.  you can do this many ways but in the basic way you expressed this Summarize tool is maybe easier 

aparna0208
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for the quick response @MichaelSu 🙂 I tried this and it worked but there is a small problem when the rows are jumbled up. For example if one contact say Scott William has 3 rows and the first two have values as Registered and BD. It looks for the that pair and indicates it as 'Y' but when there is another row at the end then that is counted as 'N'. Please see attached workflow. Thank you!

MichaelSu
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

MichaelSu
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@aparna0208 , try this workflow instead. Add a summarize before the multi-row and then append back to the original

aparna0208
8 - Asteroid

Awesome! Now it is working perfect. Thank you so much for all your help:) @MichaelSu 

aparna0208
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for the inputs:) @fharper 

fharper
12 - Quasar
No problem, it’s how the community works. We all got help at some point from someone in the community
Labels