Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx time's out at exactly 5:01 evertime I run extract, but Theobald does not?

Rob_schneider
7 - Meteor

I'm running a connection to Theobald that calls a BABI (RFC) from SAP, at exactly 5:01 Alteryx times out each time.

However, the Theobald connection to SAP continues on there side and completes normally in roughly 10 minutes.

Is there a default setting somewhere in Alteryx that is shutting this type of feed of after 5:01?

Alteryx Error.PNG

8 REPLIES 8
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Rob_schneider 

A quick scan through the Theobald help site turned up nothing related to time out.  You may want to contact them directly since they made the Xtract tool that you're using.

Dan

Rob_schneider
7 - Meteor

Thanks, I read that also and am in contact with them, they seem to feel that its timing out on the alteryx side. I cant seem to find a setting in alteryx that would control time out.

Benjamin_Schalk
7 - Meteor

Any solution to this? We're facing the exact same error when connecting to an external Theobald xtract universal server. 
With a local extraction, the timeout doesn't happen. 

ReemaS
5 - Atom

hi, any solution to this? I am facing the same issue. Thanks

PaulChrist
5 - Atom

Hello, I'll try again, but have you been able to find a solution to the problem?

Benjamin_Schalk
7 - Meteor

Seems like this has something to do with the object you're connecting to as well. 

I followed up with the client who had this issue and apparently they don't have this anymore with Tables / Table Joins. It's still there when connecting to SAP Queries. 

XtractUniversal seems to wait for all of the data and if that takes too long, the connection from within Alteryx is terminated. The extraction is still running, but the result will not come into Alteryx. 

Theobald Support weren't able to resolve this apparently. 

A workaround would be to query smaller amounts of data using filters and then consolidate them later on. You could run this through a macro to loop over a list of criteria.

Not too nice, but it will work.

FaSteffan
5 - Atom

The described behaviour could not be reproduced internally. Thus, using the Xtract Universal plugin in Alteryx Designer, it is possible to keep an SAP connection open for up to 8 hours until results of queries from SAP are processed. To resolve the problem, please update the Xtract Universal plugin and provide generated logs, if any, for further analysis. Please consider using our support portal at the following URL: https://support.theobald-software.com/helpdesk/

ocaulcrick
5 - Atom

We had this same issue on my team but solved it today. 

In Alteryx when using an Input Data Tool, we added a Timeout= parameter argument (separated from the rest of the connection string by a semicolon) see snip below. 

Timeout parameter.JPG

Labels