Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Andy Uttley, Alteryx ACE, makes music with Alteryx | Math + Music

Alteryx spatial analysis vs GIS softare

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

If we compare Alteryx spatial capabilities with GIS stanalone softwares or packages in R/Python, can we say Alteryx can do a broad array of geographical tasks?

What are the features that GIS softwares can do but Alteryx either lags or cannot do? (I can see elevation and specialized/layered vizs...)

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

This is a pretty good write up was done talking about Alteryx and ArcGis

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Alteryx-ArcGis-Comparison/td-p/336000

Rather than comparing two different pieces of software that aren't equivalent, it makes the most sense to evaluate the business requirements of the projects that are being worked on to determine the best fit. Alteryx does have a nice selection of geospatial tools that may be perfect for the use cases of a company, or it may function best alongside GIS software that you currently have. 

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

I am also weighing if I write 'GIS analytics with Alteryx' in my resume or profile - will be a bit overstretched or OK.

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

@urezwan you may be able to highlight specific geospatial use cases that you have worked on while leveraging Alteryx. We absolutely work with GIS teams and they have had great success. I don't think you are overstretching as long as you are transparent about which technologies you are using and what kinds of analysis you have accomplished. 

Labels