Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx server usage report in scheduled in Alteryx gallery but no output was produced.

Padma_
7 - Meteor

Hi Team,

I have Alteryx server usage report given by Alteryx, I am writing the output to a oracle database, when I run it(remote desk top) in the designer with localhost:27018, it runs perfectly and output is written to the database.

But when I schedule the same in gallery I don't get any output or error. I have attached the gallery output screenshot.

Also when I tried to replace localhost with IP and port number, it doesn't connect. It throws below error.

Error: Alteryx Server Usage Report (8): Connector (759): Tool #1: Mongo Error (getCollectionNames) : { msg:"No suitable servers found (`serverSelectionTryOnce` set): [connection timeout calling ismaster on '192.43.213.1:27018']: generic server error" code: No suitable servers found (`serverSelectionTryOnce` set): [connection timeout calling ismaster on '192.43.213.1:27018']: generic server error }

Kindly help me on what to be done, so that when I schedule it to run on gallery I get the output in oracle db.

6 REPLIES 6
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

The configuration that works for me in Scheduler is [servername]:27018.  So if the name of my server was \\myservername, then it would look like myservername:27018 for the "Server" field in the Mongo Input Tools.

bertal34
8 - Asteroid

How did you go about writing the output of the usage report to an Oracle database?  I need to do the same but for SQL server database instead.  I would appreciate if you could offer some guidance.

thanks.

Padma_
7 - Meteor

Hi,

You could create a gallery data connection using your sql db credentials. and for running in designer in local machine you can select the MYSQL odbc options.

Padma__0-1670497949019.png

Padma__1-1670498105088.png

bertal34
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for replying so quickly.  I do already have a gallery data connection setup.  As for where to place the output tool, did you put this inside the macro?  Can you provide screenshot?

bertal34
8 - Asteroid

Nevermind I figured out where to place the output tools.  I am able to run and schedule the job using the Controller method however the workflow must be saved to the server's C drive.  I would like to schedule the job in my Gallery and save workflow to a network drive.  Do you know how to setup for this?

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @bertal34 

You can upload the workflow to the gallery by adding the gallery URL to Designer by going to ( File --> Save As --> Browse and add the gallery URL).

Once you upload the workflow, you can go ahead and schedule it (make sure your profile has permission to schedule and scheduling is turned on at the server level in the configuration tab of the admin page on gallery)

In order to save the workflow to a network drive you may have your IT team provide you access or have a server admin who has access to the network drive save the workflow there for you. 

Hope this helps, if it does please like this post. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Labels