Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx runs for longer time in Designer. (more than 4 hours)

nitin_l
7 - Meteor

My Alteryx workflow runs for more than 4 hours in Alteryx Designer. My company laptop gets locked if I step away for more than 10 minutes and sometimes the internet connection may be paused or disconnected too. I clicked on "AMP Engine" option too before I run the workflow. Are there any ways to reduce the running time of Alteryx and a practical way to keep the workflow running irrespective of system on or in idle mode.

3 REPLIES 3
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @nitin_l 

You'll need to provide more information. What kind of operations are you performing? What are the data sources? How many records? 

I'd suggest running it with a subset of data and enabling performance profiling so you can identify any tools that could be a bottleneck.

nitin_l
7 - Meteor

Its a huge workflow loading multiple inputs with data from Oracle database. More than million records. We are looking to upload it in gallery and schedule it on a regular basis. 

Thanks for those inputs, will try and see if it works

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @nitin_l 

The slowness might also be in the Oracle connections. Check out this post for more information:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Oracle-Database-read-speed-too-slow/td...

Labels