This site uses different types of cookies, including analytics and functional cookies (its own and from other sites). To change your cookie settings or find out more, click here. If you continue browsing our website, you accept these cookies.
Hello everyone, I have a weird situation where alteryx reads the wrong data from the file I input to it, not sure if my file has the wrong format or something, but this keeps happening recently. Hopefully, someone could provide an answer.
Example: A product code from an excel file as 682.014, but alteryx reads as 682.01400000000001, is there a way this can be fixed? This field was set to V_String. Thank you so much.
I don't know if this is what's happening for you, but it's exactly like something that was happening to me. I spent a LOT of time trying to figure it out to no avail. For instance, even if I changed the number to specifically have 2 decimal places, it wouldn't work.
In the end, it was due to NULL values in my number field (the problem was discovered by Alteryx support personnel).
Once we tossed an IFNULL then 0 formula, no more problems.
Just a suggestion since you're problem is unfortunately very familiar to me.
I see. Well here's a little more RegEx to help this out.
I see that any MATL_NUM value that needs to be replaced has a lot of repeating "0" or "9" characters. This IF statement can be used to fund if the string has 7 or more "0" or "9" characters in a row. If it does, it replaces the value with the results from the first formula.