Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx on Linux?

fredzannarbor
7 - Meteor

What are thoughts/plans about enabling Alteryx to run on Linux?

10 REPLIES 10
DiganP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@fredzannarbor Alteryx is not supported on Linux environments. The Technical Specifications can be found here

Digan
Alteryx

It is clear that Alteryx does not currently run on Linux, except perhaps in a VM or with Wine.  But can that be future development?  I use Linux for R, Scala, Database and Python programming.  So why not Alteryx?

DiganP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@RobertFolkertsTCS Our Promote solution runs on Linux CentOS 7 but currently Designer + Server do not. You can create models in R/Python and deploy them to Promote.

Digan
Alteryx
fredzannarbor
7 - Meteor

It's not just a convenience for individuals -- can also make a big difference to organizations. Our development organization does not support Windows servers. Everything (and all the skill set) is Linux.  So much much easier to stand up shared Alteryx services if they are on Linux. High on our wish list.

OmaratRJL
7 - Meteor

If Alteryx was to run on Linux you would see a reduction in hardware cost associated with running a fleet of machines utilizing Alteryx designer and the server edition. It's a win win. 

Vishneskij
5 - Atom

Upvoting this idea, as this is becoming a significant barrier to our Enterprise's adoption and management of Alteryx Designer & Server.

Adding the Windows OS cost on top of each Designer license adds up, and adds additional complexity to managing the environment on which Alteryx works, both for Designer on client machines, and definitely for Server.

Our infra is increasingly moving to the cloud, and is linux/open-source only from an OS perspective, so we're also stuck on-prem with our Alteryx Deployment. This further hampers value and adoption because more and more of our data lives in the cloud. More latency and proxies to navigate = less interest in self-serving analytics with Alteryx, which is a shame because the UI and procedural thinking it engenders are really great.

kklc
6 - Meteoroid

keeping the thread alive hoping for some Alteryx on linux!! :D

sandeepkhanna
6 - Meteoroid

I have Alteryx Designer working in Linux. Interested in helping me test it?

sandeepkhanna
6 - Meteoroid

I have Alteryx Designer working in Linux. Interested in helping me test it?

Labels