Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx not responding while using Amazon S3 Download tool

Vinoth_i
5 - Atom

Alteryx goes to not responding mode once "object name" menu clicked every time within Amazon S3 Download configuration, I've attached the screenshot for reference. Please someone take a look and let me know how to proceed further.

Alteryx Admin Designer Version: 2021.1.3.22649

Windows 10 Enterprise

i5 8th gen

8GB RAM

3 REPLIES 3
Sethmb
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello, 

When you entered the bucket name, did you type this in? or did you use the 3 dots on the side? Similar to what you are clicking on with the list? When engaging the list for the bucket and lists the authentication api call is made - it is trying to either access the available lists or it is trying to authenticate to S3. Do you have multi-factor authentication enable on the AWS S3 side through the console in a browser? Please let me know, Thanks

Vinoth_i
5 - Atom

No, i didn't type bucket name and used the 3 dot (gear icon) to select bucket. And i did the same to select object but Alteryx tool goes to "not responding" mode.

Yes, I've multi-factor authentication enabled in AWS s3 side .

Sethmb
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello, 

Okay, so it sounds like the tool is authenticating at least to the buckets available. If possible, it may be best to submit a support ticket and take a look further. When clicking on the lists gear button, it seems like it is failing to authenticate. It is pretty much a standard authentication to the lists, MFA can cause it to fail or if there are added security profiles where it would need to authenticate to the particular list or possibly missing permissions. We would normally troubleshoot with a tool called Fiddler to see if there is any error on the response for the endpoint when accessing the lists, which may give detail on exactly where it is being stopped. 

Please let me know if there is anything else, thanks

Labels