Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx not gathering all rows from xlsb file

mpot
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, I have an automation wf which searches main folder to find folder and then file from previous month and then exports specific sheet to SQL. File is xlsb. WF reads all existing rows, which is 272238. but there are empty rows starting from 217429, even though data should be there. Do you know what might be an issue there? There are no errors. 

When I try to export same file from another month where there are only 15k rows they are all there, no empty rows. So issue seems to be with some row limitations settings.

3 REPLIES 3
MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

@mpot 

These empty rows often appear in Excel if the data was there before but was deleted. I don't believe any data is missing in this case.

mpot
6 - Meteoroid

If I put xlsb file through input tool only it reads only those 21k rows and doesnt see others. But they are there and I am missing data as numbers do not match. 

mpot
6 - Meteoroid

I believe issue is within xlsb file format, as it also shows me older date, so it picks up older version of file, that is why rows are missing

Labels