Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx not gathering ALL rows from Input Tool

KMadamba
8 - Asteroid

Hi, 

I noticed that my workflow was lacking rows in the output,..so then I created a very simple workflow with just the Input tool connected to a Browse tool to check how many rows are actually being read from the input.

The input tool is an Excel Binary file that has 511971 rows (on 30 columns) but when I try to pass this through a browse tool, it says that only 507661 records were read.

I have tried ticking the checkbox for "First row contains data" thinking that Alteryx is doing a pre-conversion of data type but I'm getting the same number of rows in the output file with lines missing.

I can't actually show the excel file due to data confidentiality but I would want to know if there are some limitations upon input that I may not know or atleast be on the lookout to avoid. I have just found out that one reason it's not reading in data that starts with "#N/A", I'm sure there are more.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Hi @KMadamba 

I did a quick test and couldn't replicate the issue with '#N/A' rows not being read in, so are you sure that's one of the issues?

Screenshot 2019-06-10 at 19.34.09.png

Even if you can't share the actual data can you share an anonymised dataset that demonstrates the issue?

Many thanks,

Jamie

KMadamba
8 - Asteroid

I have changed the file format from xlsb to xlsx instead and it captured every row as well as cells having "#NA". The file may have contained special formatting which probably caused it? Either way, converting the file to xlsx before putting it to Alteryx solved this for me.

ThizViz
11 - Bolide

Glad your issue was resolved - you can mark your own answer as correct 🙂

@thizviz aka cbridges, Bolide
http://community.alteryx.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/2328
Labels