Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx job creation

mshoily
6 - Meteoroid

I am new to the Alteryx.

I have been able to get a couple details together for query processes. We have two text files with data

a.txt

b.txt

These are the files we want to be able to dump the list of account numbers or phone numbers into and have an Alteryx job create an output (that can be auto saved to the same folder) putting the details in the given file into a format we can grab to run an alteryx job for a detailed query to pull back information based on the account number or phone number.  Both files have some sample data in them that matches the format we would add data to the file in on an ongoing basis.

I will need help/guide how to create the Alteryx job to convert these text files into the correct output format for Alteryx queries?  Each output file does not need to be unique each time it runs, with the exception of one being for the a.txt file and one for the b.txt file, and can be override with new data each time the job is executed.

4 REPLIES 4
Luke_C
17 - Castor

@mshoily Did you mean to attach something? Can you share the workflow you've tried?

mshoily
6 - Meteoroid

Sure!

Thank you so much for the reply. I am new to this Alteryx. I am not sure about what job i need to create from this description. That is why I am here :( 

I just used input tool and a browser and I am stuck :(

Here is the input data file.

Thanks and Regards,

Shoily

Luke_C
17 - Castor

I'm not sure what to do based on the list of numbers you attached. I'd suggest checking out the learning paths 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Learning-Paths/Getting-Started-Learning-Path/ta-p/475117

mshoily
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you so much! Maybe i will ask more requirements and can update you . Thanks anyway :)

Labels