Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx intelligent Suite - Computer vision

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi Team,

Hope you are well. I am currently exploring on extracting information from the invoices using the Alteryx intelligent suite - computer vision. But i am unable to see any workflow developed or any proper training material to execute this.

Please let me know if  any one has experience in developing this and can share the workflow or relevant materials would be of great help,

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Sri

6 REPLIES 6
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @sriniprad08 ,

Absolutely. Unfortunately, this will convert the invoice into text, and so you will require different parsing for each template format.

Simply load int he image, I assume pdf, using the image input tool, then use image to text. This will convert each page of document into a single cell of text, which you then parse out using the regex/text to columns tools.

If you have an example invoice I can quickly build the basics for you.

M.

Bulien

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi @mceleavey ,

Thank you so much for the kind reply and offer to help. Please find attached the sample invoices.

One question please so if we have 1000 invoices with different format and if we would like to extract only the date, invoice number and amount. Do we need to create workflow separately for all of them? or is there way to extract using the alteryx intelligent suite?

Thank you again,

Sri

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @sriniprad08 ,

You can use two methods. The first is a bit hit and miss, which is loading in your image, then feeding this into the Image Template tool:

mceleavey_0-1637344085496.png

This tries to detect tabular or boxes of information:

mceleavey_1-1637344130436.png

The second is to use the Image Template tool without a stream coming in. Manually select the invoice and manually select the information in the image:

mceleavey_2-1637344229057.png

You can embed this in a batch macro to overwrite the manual file selection and build a template per supplier.

However, there is no way of automatically pulling the information from thousands of different templates.

Hope this helps,

M.

Bulien

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi @mceleavey ,

Thank you very much for the help. I understand. Is it possible for you to share the workflow please?

Cheers,

Sri

cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Here’s a video I did when AIS was new, there’s been lots of cool updates such as table detection when you read in pdfs (what @mceleavey showed).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=63Dvm3M1Uak

Chris
Check out my collaboration with fellow ACE Joshua Burkhow at AlterTricks.com
CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

hey everyone, FYI there is a Learning Path for Intelligence Suite, including the Computer Vision tools. Also check out these blogs: Computer Vision Within Reach and Image Recognition: Classification Models Made Simple. Thanks for the feedback about wanting more learning resources!

Labels