This site uses different types of cookies, including analytics and functional cookies (its own and from other sites). To change your cookie settings or find out more, click here. If you continue browsing our website, you accept these cookies.
When I read large file (Approx ~8 M records), A windows pop up comes and says "Alteryx has stopped working" and as well as throws the error - InboundNamedPipe GetOverlappedResult: The pipe has been ended.
It works fine with all other files. Memory seems not to be the issue. A day before, I was able to read the same file but suddenly this error has popped up and I have tried shutdowns,restarts and everything but not working.
First image shows the pop up and after closing this pop up I get that pipe error.
InboundNamedPipe errors can happen for a variety of reasons, but generally mean that the engine crashed. How wide is the data that you are pulling in, and do you know the actual size of the file? How much disk space do you have left on your machine, and how much RAM does your computer have? This way we can eliminate this being a resource issue.
Receiving the same error msg. If I remove the Interactive Charting tool (or add a new one that I haven't yet configured), it's fine again. As another mentioned, nothing showing in Browse, but there is a limited feed that continues (23 records, vs the 1k+ expected).
Also tried "cache and run workflow" on a successful run, only for it to fail the next time.
Suffering from same issue, I thought it had to do with union tools or possibly strings being read as V_string vs V_W or W_strings. However, that is not the issue either. Only have this happen on the latest alteryx version.
Thanks for the reply, I'll look into how the data is being pulled in. I think you are right, it's being read in or encoded will be the solution to this issue. As the data is being output in a manner that makes it exponentially bigger.
I had this same issue for a LONG time on a workflow that had been working for years, and randomly started failing back in February. The fix for me was adding a "Block Until Done" tool in front of a "Download" tool that was running in parallel with other parts of my workflow. This error may occur (with my limited knowledge and observation) when Alteryx tries to do too much at once in parallel, and adding a "Block Until Done" at the correct point in your workflow could keep it from biting off more than it can chew.