Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx freezes randomly with simple workflow

darindavis
6 - Meteoroid

I'm new to Alteryx, testing with the 14-day trial.  At a half-day workshop I attended last week, I downloaded Alteryx v2018.1.3.42973 and followed along with two simple exercises.  Repeatedly and randomly, when I would click on something, Alteryx would freeze and take 1-2 minutes to recover.  I'm trying to build a simple workflow on my own now and it continues to freeze.

I have the x64 version of Alteryx installed on my Dell 7510 laptop, Win 7 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7 @ 2.7GHz, 32GB RAM.

Does Alteryx have to be installed / run with admin privileges?

What am I missing that results in these freezes?

Thanks,
Darin

21 REPLIES 21
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Dmartins3 ,

Can we have some more details please?

What is your workflow doing? Do you have any external connections to things like Sharepoint/Google etc?

M.

Bulien

Dmartins3
5 - Atom

Hi @mceleavey,

Thanks for the concern, i think that this could be some very deep issue with windows. 

The workflow is very simple stuff only with C: drive connections.
My manager (Alteryx user for longer than me, also happens to him) says, that could be some random checks on alteryx license... I really don't know.

Dmartins3_0-1624013767285.png

very frequently happens when open containers, goes "not respondig" I wait 2/3/4 minutes it depends, then back to normal again.
I'm currently working with alteryx and to show you the picture i just able to force that "not response" it's how often it appears to me.

Also sometimes, this red cross shows up, not so often

Dmartins3_1-1624013954450.png

(internet picture)

So think only a very deep dive from alteryx developers will solve this.
Already try everything that i saw in this forum regarding this.
Thanks in any case. 🙂

Labels