Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx freezes randomly with simple workflow

darindavis
6 - Meteoroid

I'm new to Alteryx, testing with the 14-day trial.  At a half-day workshop I attended last week, I downloaded Alteryx v2018.1.3.42973 and followed along with two simple exercises.  Repeatedly and randomly, when I would click on something, Alteryx would freeze and take 1-2 minutes to recover.  I'm trying to build a simple workflow on my own now and it continues to freeze.

I have the x64 version of Alteryx installed on my Dell 7510 laptop, Win 7 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7 @ 2.7GHz, 32GB RAM.

Does Alteryx have to be installed / run with admin privileges?

What am I missing that results in these freezes?

Thanks,
Darin

21 REPLIES 21
JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi All,

Just to reiterate: If you are experiencing an issue with freezing and have not yet emailed into support please shoot us an email at support@alteryx.com so we can work with you to troubleshoot and log the specifics of the issue.

Thanks,

Jess Silveri
Manager, Technical Account Management | Alteryx
vrbravo
7 - Meteor

Hi MIke,

I am also facing similar issue and i installed the latest version of ALteryx in my laptop. Could you help out here ?

Regards,

Vignesh

vrbravo
7 - Meteor

Hi Mike,

I am also facing similar issue and the Alteryx version i am using is 11.7.4.43055. Could you please help me out here ??

Regards,

Vignesh

LANGLOIS
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Mike

Thank you for your support

I installed the latest version 2018.4.5.55178 ... and despite this new installation, Alteryx is still freezing very often and not responding smoothly as before.

Every move look slow ... very annoying.

Thank you to solve that issue for the next release

Best Regards

Arno

Atabarezz
13 - Pulsar

@LANGLOISDid you try 2019.1 version?

LANGLOIS
6 - Meteoroid

Dear Atabarezz

Thank you very much for your tip

I installed indeed the latest version this morning (2019.1) but unfortunatly it doesn't improve much Alteryx user experience which is still very slow to react.

I will open a ticket.

Many thnaks

Best Regards

Arno

Diane29615
5 - Atom

I am also having similar issues with freezing on a 64 bit, installed last week. 

nbt1032
8 - Asteroid

I am seeing this as well with the latest 2019.1 version.

dhanemkulas
5 - Atom

Just checking to se if the issue had been fixed or if there is a configuration change that can be done to improve the response time.

I am currently on 2018.4.5.55178

Dmartins3
5 - Atom

This "not responding" is very very very annoying:

Alteryx Designer
Version: 2021.2.1.35394

Dmartins3_1-1623921556083.png

in almost every single click connection.

Dell PC:
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10610U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Labels