Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx doesn't recognize certain characters?

Pav
7 - Meteor

I converted word document into txt file using this method 

http://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Can-Alteryx-Parse-A-Word-Doc-Or-PDF/ta-p/1156

When the txt file is loaded into alteryx, some of the characters are not being recognized.

E.g. (comma only for separation) 

-, ", ..., ' 

Those appears in Alteryx as 'â'€. I can easily replace that but the issue I have is that there is no way of knowing which is which as all of the above characters are replaced by –.

I import the txt file as CSV with \0 as delimiter.

Example

In txt file - “   Account Type – PAT status, Channel & HQ area:

In alteryx -   Account Type – PAT status, Channel & HQ area:

in txt file -   The non-highlighted fields on the form (indicated with ‘click to enter text)

in alteryx -  The non-highlighted fields on the form (indicated with ‘click to enter text)

in txt file  -  Defend – Key Actions

in alteryx    Defend – Key Actions

and so on.

Ideally, I would like the txt file to be loaded in a way that all of those characters are being recognized. 

2 REPLIES 2
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus
I have some help for you. Look at your input tool and scroll down in the configuration panel. Option #11 is code page. Change latin ... to whichever is the correct character set for your data. Thanks, Mark
Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Pav
7 - Meteor

Works perfectly, thank you!

Labels