Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx does not send all emails

Andrzej_E
7 - Meteor

Hello All,

I have a workflow which sends email to a dynamic recipient list depending on conditions met.

For some reason Alteryx does not send all email out..

E.g.

It has to send in total 20 emails and it sends only 10 after that I get an error: "Record 11: Login Denied". After 3 hours I run the same flow again, it should again send out the same 20 email and I get error: "Record 2: Login Denied".

It started happening one week ago, before that time everything worked. it this possible that Alterxy server upgrade could have corrupted this?

I run flows through Alteryx Gallery.

Best,
Andrzej

5 REPLIES 5
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Good Morning @Andrzej_E 

You should check with your email provider.  It looks like they may have implemented a limit on the number of SMTP messages allowed.

Dan

Andrzej_E
7 - Meteor

Hello @danilang ,

Unfortunately, sometimes flow send out 8 mails out of 20 and in a few hour in next run it sends out 2 mails instead of 20.

So how such limit would work?

Best,

Andrzej

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Andrzej_E 

The limit is not something that you can control in Alteryx.  Contact the people that provide your smtp service. 

Dan 

Andrzej_E
7 - Meteor

Hi @danilang,

Thanks for information I shall contact  my SMTP provider.

best,

Andrzej

Andrzej_E
7 - Meteor

Hello @danilang,

I just checked and in my case there is no limit of emails. I also used throttle to slow speed, (2 seconds per row) but still get this error after a few emails.

Best,

Andrzej

Labels