community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Upgrade Alteryx Designer in 10 Steps

Debating whether or not to upgrade to the latest version of Alteryx Designer?

LEARN MORE

Alteryx designer on aws ec2 windows instance

Meteoroid

Guys,

I have installed alteryx on AWS ec2 windows instance. I tried using my license and activated it. But it still saying "No valid license you want to get one?". What might be the issue?. Can't we install alteryx designer on AWS machine and use it?.

Do we must buy alteryx server or get license for server only?. Please help ASAP.

Thanks

Alteryx
Alteryx

Could you share a screenshot?  Also, have you purchased a server license, or are you using your designer license?

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl
Customer Support Engineer

Meteoroid

Capture.PNGDesignerThanks for the response. I am using designer 11.8 and I have activated license for it.

Capture2.PNG#ACTIVATED

Alteryx
Alteryx

Just so I understand.  You've got Designer working fine and need to get Server running?  and, if so, do you have a Server license?

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl

Meteoroid

No. I have license for designer. I activated it and looks like it accepted in the screen shot. When I run the workflow on designer itself it's not allowing me to do that. In ec2 I dont think we can work with designer?. We should only use alteryx server?. I have so many scripts in alteryx designer I guess I have to convert all those into python now?. Please recommend.

Thanks

Alteryx
Alteryx

Ok, there is likely something weird going on; I don't see why you should be having any issues.  I would recommend contacting support@alteryx.com.

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl

Meteoroid

Okay thanks. But looks like we can't email them directly?

Alteryx
Alteryx

That email address would be the proper method for requesting support.

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl

Meteoroid

Ok Thanks

Alteryx
Alteryx

You can definitely use Alteryx Designer on an EC2. If you are using a version of Alteryx v11.7 or earlier, then you will need a different license... it just needs to be converted. However for v2018.1, the same license should work. Reach out to support@alteryx.com or your sales rep with:

• the version,
  • a link to this article,
  • a screenshot of License Manager (under options) and
  • whether the license key you are using has dashes in it

and they should be able to track down the issue.

Labels