Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx designer crashing

viokeyn
5 - Atom

Hello,

I just downloaded the Alteryx Designer 2021.3 x64 (user), and it keeps crashing me just a couple of seconds after I lunch the app

what is the cause? and how can I solve it?

thank you

18 REPLIES 18
andybenson
5 - Atom

I had also emailed the support team at Alteryx and just received this reply:

Dear Valued Customer,
We are currently experiencing an issue Alteryx Designer where the application closes upon opening and/or running workflows. Our team believes it has identified the root cause and is working to remedy the situation.
We are sorry for this inconvenience and thank you for your patience. An e-mail will be sent once this issue is resolved.
Alteryx Customer Support Team

Andy.

iCFO
9 - Comet

FYI - Disconnecting from the internet will allow you to open and use Designer temporarily. Not a solution for workflows using online connectors, but it at least allows for some productivity.

CatheyH
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the update guys. Same here with 2020.4

Jessica_Koch
5 - Atom

I was having the same issues earlier and its been working fine for me for the last 10 minutes or so. fingers crossed its fixed

john_watkins
11 - Bolide

Hopefully, someone from Alteryx will post the root cause for all this downtime.  It is a good learning experience for everyone for future troubleshooting.

DataPrepChad
10 - Fireball

Same here - lots of crashes with no warning or information as to why.

LeonaSchaaf
5 - Atom

same here. Version 2021.3.2.54175     Extremely annoying  🙄

Aegean
5 - Atom

Alteryx Designer 2021.3 x64  user, crash five times a day...drive me crazy...

Genevieve
8 - Asteroid

Same problem here. I have been unable to run Alteryx today, 7 crashes and running. Alteryx Designer 2021.3 x64  user

Labels