Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx creating sub groups

ahmad_mohamad
6 - Meteoroid

Dear Alteryx community,

i was hoping if anyone could kindly help on solving the following issue:

i currently have a raw listing (with accounts, document numbers and amounts) in which i proceed to filter certain selected accounts using another file. Subsequently i am not sure how to break the respective raw listing into separate accounts (while maintaining the document number, account and amount details).

I have attached the following:
1. Raw listing 

2. Accounts to be filtered

3. Example of the desired result

4. current incomplete formula

P.S. i don't want to just "group by" in a single listing, i am hoping to break them into separate individual listings.

Appreciate all the help ,

Many thanks and best regards,

4 REPLIES 4
cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

You were VERY close!

I created a formula to create the sheet name and then the important part is the configuration of the Output tool when you check "Take File/Table Name From Field"

Tyro_abc
11 - Bolide

Hi @ahmad_mohamad 

You did it perfectly. According to my observation, you need only to change the date format. So I add only a Datetime tool and deselect some of the columns.

Tyro_abc_1-1631335374927.png

Check this...

Regards

Arundhuti

ahmad_mohamad
6 - Meteoroid

Hi  @cmcclellan,

Thank you so much for your help the solution is perfect , i was just wondering if its possible to create the subgroups using another function as i would like to perform further work done on each subgroup in Alteryx before finally exporting into excel.

ahmad_mohamad_0-1631374919040.png

so rather than end the flow i want to carry on adding a few more functions to each respective subgroup. Hope this makes sense. Thank you so much!

cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

Sure, you can do whatever you need and then you write to the output.  Just follow the same format when writing the file and it will work 🙂   Each sheet can actually have different columns if that's what you're after 🙂 

Labels