Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx crashes whenever I try to save an analytic app on gallery

HiralMavani
7 - Meteor

Hi,  I have an analytic app that calls a macro workflow. Whenever I try to upload it on my company's gallery Alteryx will freeze on the save dialog box and then crash -

It works fine when I save on my local.

HiralMavani_1-1598880195707.png

Alteryx version - 2020.2.2

4 REPLIES 4
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

@HiralMavani this definitely isn't normal Alteryx behavior. Can you send an email to support@alteryx.com so they can help you look at the logs?

HiralMavani
7 - Meteor

I got it to work by creating brand new workflows, and copying all logic from the old workflows in to the new one. Saved the new workflow in a separate location. Still not sure why the old didnt work though.

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Very strange. I can only imagine that there was some strange XML behind the scenes of the workflow. In any case, I am glad that you were able to get it to work! It may be worth looking into with our support team to see if you can determine the root cause. 

HiralMavani
7 - Meteor

Yes we too thought the same. I tried 2-3 different versions of Alteryx and had the same behavior. I deleted the old workflows but next time this happens, will open a support ticket.

Labels