Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx connection to ServiceNow

ulrich_schumann
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

we are looking for a way to connect our SQL Database with ServiceNow via Alteryx. We want to regularly transfer tables into SQL. We have tested the ODBC connection, which is working but is very slow and not recommended by the ServiceNow team. Is there any experience out there with connecting ServiceNow via API or other methods?

Any ideas would be highly appreciated.

Thanks, Ulrich

13 REPLIES 13
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @ulrich_schumann 

This has been addressed here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Service-Now-Connector/td-p/74330

However if you are interested in having us build it then feel free to message me! 

Thanks

Joshua

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
ulrich_schumann
8 - Asteroid

Hi Joshua,

thanks for your input. I'll might come back to you regarding a solution built by you.

For now we are going to have a closer look into www.snow-mirror.com. They offer a server based solution to export tables in various SQL databases. We'll see how that works ...

Thanks, Ulrich

joeGade
10 - Fireball

Service Now Connector is now available to download from Alteryx Public Gallery

Here is the Link. https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/Servicenow-Download/5e6731418a93370990b2a835

ulrich_schumann
8 - Asteroid

Hi Joseph,

great, the updated version is working for me.

Thanks a lot!

Ulrich

BonusCup
10 - Fireball

@joeGade 

This appears to be a download connector, do you know if there is an upload to SNOW?

TIA

joeGade
10 - Fireball

I am about to start working on it . Still understanding how it works for upload the payload. 

jmpatino_jws
5 - Atom

Great tool.  Thank you for saving us the trouble.  I have a question though.  I tried doing a partial load where the Date Filter is hard-coded via a formula, and I encountered an error as seen in the pic below.  Can you help?

jmpatino_jws_0-1594967162178.png

cgscott
5 - Atom

HELP!

I keep getting stuck in an unending loop...when I try to click the link to download it downloads a .yxzp file and when I open that it says "click link to download" and I'm back at the same place

Gerariv
5 - Atom

Hi cgscott

I´m trying to get the tool installed, but i´m having the same loop problem. Did you found a solution to get the .yxi file?

Labels