We have extended our Early Bird Tickets for Inspire 2023! Discounted pricing goes until February 24th. Save your spot!

Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx cannot find workflow...

markp201
8 - Asteroid

I don't recall this happening in 10.1 but it's happened a few times in 10.5

I open a workflow on the network folder.  It appears to be opening but the canvas doesn't refresh and I get a message

The file <yxmd> does not exist.

The only resolution I could find was to copy the workflow to the local drive and it opens fine.

2 REPLIES 2
markp201
8 - Asteroid

A bit more on this.   I modified the properties of AlterixGui.exe to run as administrator.  If I open the list of recent workflows and select the network file, I get

Capture.JPG

When I launch by selecting a workflow on the network, I get (note: redacted filename)

Capture.JPG

On a hunch, I removed run as adminstrator and the workflow loads.

markp201
8 - Asteroid

The solution appears to be an issue with logical/mapped drives.  I did a quick search on the community but didn't find this referenced.

To verify, I created a mapped drive for a networked location and tried to open a workflow.   The same error occured.

I then created a shortcut to the physical location of a mapped drive and opened a workflow.  The error did not occur.

Labels