Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Alteryx blurry on high DPI screen on Windows 10

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hi All, very dismayed to find that Alteryx looks blurry on my 4K UHD panel after recent upgrade from Win7 to Windows 10 x64. It looked nice and crisp on Windows 7 with exactly the same hardware.

Screenshot attached - you can hopefully see how the Alteryx results window (left) is blurred compared to the Windows Task Manager (right) which is nice and crisp. It's possible that the effect isn't as clear when you view the screenshot, depending on the dpi of your monitor. In which case, trust me when I say it's immediatle obvious that it's blurry, and that Alteryx isn't using the capabilities of my screen. Moreoever it's difficult and frustrating to look at.

The result is that Alteryx is not usable for me in Windows 10 because the visual appearance is unacceptable. Does anyone else have this problem? Are the developers aware of it? I can send more screenshots if required.

Thanks

Alteryx4k.PNG

Highlighted
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

This may be sometihng that Alteryx may have to weigh in on, but you may want to try the suggestion here (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2900023) to see if it helps.

Atom

This fix worked for me using Windows 10. - Thanks!

Disable DPI virtualization for the application. To do this, right-click the application’s shortcut and then click Properties. On the Compatibility tab, select Disable Display Scaling On High DPI Settings, and then click OK. This causes the text in the application to appear clearer. However, if the application does not correctly handle high DPI settings, this procedure may have adverse side effects such as truncated text and incorrectly sized graphical elements.

Labels