Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx & MuleSoft

Raphael_Kotzock
7 - Meteor

Data people,

looking for some feedback and experience. Is anyone in their company utilizing both Alteryx & MuleSoft? If yes, what are the different use cases for each application.

Furthermore what is Mulesoft doing that Alteryx can't or is limited to do?

I am trying to understand if Mulesoft has a place in our company if we already have Atlteryx Designer + Alteryx Server.

Thanks for all the help in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Is there a specific business requirement that you are looking to solve for? Alteryx is able to connect to APIs, databases, and files so connecting to different systems shouldn't be an issue. The two platforms aren't really competitors so your decision will depend on the value they bring as it relates to your company data strategy. 

Raphael_Kotzock
7 - Meteor

Thanks for your response Brandon, sorry it took me so long to respond.

We don't really have a business case, we more so exploring how MuleSoft could provide value that Alteryx can't.

When you say Alteryx and MuleSoft are not competing, I am very curious as to how you would use MuleSoft in your organization and how these 2 tools could work together?

Any pointers there?

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

I can't really speak to MuleSoft given that I don't use it myself, but it serves as an integration layer between a bunch of different APIs. It is an ESB technology rather than an analytics and data science platform so while they both technically work with data, they play in different spaces and cater to different audiences.

As it goes for pretty much any technology in the data space, Alteryx can work nicely alongside just about any other software that you leverage in your strategy given our focus on analytic process automation. Ultimately your decision will depend on your business requirements and if their software accomplishes something that you are looking for.

Labels