Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx Visual Comparison function doesn't complete processing

YanCheung
6 - Meteoroid

I recently came across this ability to visually compare files using command prompt, helpfully built into an app here.

I've been trying to incorporate that into an app whereby I produce a control document describing changes made, with the option to display graphical changes using the visual comparison capability.

The Run Command tool works in opening a new Alteryx window and displaying the two compared workflows; however I am encountering an issue where the the Run Command tool doesn't seem to complete and the app is therefore stuck in limbo waiting for me to close the new alteryx window. 

Does anyone know how to get around this?

Yan_Cheung_0-1602078146237.png

i.e. forever stuck on 50% until I manually close the instance of command prompt or Alteryx

Configuration pane of Run command tool:

Yan_Cheung_1-1602078238020.png

1 REPLY 1
YanCheung
6 - Meteoroid

So I've actually fixed this - the problem was that running cmd with just 'AlteryxGui.exe' meant that cmd was waiting for the opened application to close before moving onto the next step.

I added a 'start' in front of the command and it worked as intended.

Labels