Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Version 2020.4

nara1520
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I have weird problem i recently installed the Alteryx version 2020.4.

Not able to open the workflows automatically with Alteryx Designer.

it is always asking for open with specific app and Alteryx latest designer version is not visible on the list of apps. Anyone faced the same issue?

If i open the same in designer with open workflow option inside the Designer it is working fine.

Appreciate your help on this.

Thanks,
Lakshmi

6 REPLIES 6
pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @nara1520 

If i understand your question correctly. It is saying that the App was developed with a different version of Alteryx Designer. You need to either save it as the version that you have, or you can right click the file, open with a notepad and change the version on the xml code. 

pedrodrfaria_0-1612970870788.png

Apologies if I misunderstood your question. 

Pedro.

nara1520
6 - Meteoroid

Hi pedrodrfaria,

I tried saving the workflow with latest version still not opening with latest version.

Thanks,

Lakshmi

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

You should be able to adjust this in your default apps.

I also suggest you uninstall the older version, if you don't need it. The only reason you'd have two versions is if you installed a different type for your most recent install (admin vs non-admin). If you simply run the installer for the same type, but a newer version, it will automatically uninstall the previous version.

echuong1_0-1612972319905.png

nara1520
6 - Meteoroid

I tried the default app by file type. But, I don't see the Alteryx Designer app is not visible for the workflow type.

nara1520_0-1612980262077.png

nara1520
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I have the workflow file visible like this. This is my exact problem. If i open the same workflow in designer by selecting the open workflow option it works fine. But, I wanted to open it with the Alteryx Designer by Default.

nara1520_0-1612980489265.png

nara1520
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All,

With “Choose another app” option, finally was able to select the Alteryx Designer icon from my desktop to apply the Alteryx Designer app as default to all of my Existing Alteryx Workflows. Thank you Alteryx Support team.

nara1520_0-1612995165877.png

Labels