Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx Teradata BTEQ example

albert_alaluf
9 - Comet

Hello,

I'm working on automation project and this is what I like to do.

Before connecting to any table, I like to DELETE/DROP tables may exist on the server. This is what I like to do.

- Run command tool

- Run BTEQ, logon to the server, username, password, set database and drop tables

I was able to run BTEQ by using RUN COMMAND tool in Alteryx. I'm able to connect to the server, l'm able to enter my logon id and then it asks me my password.... when I entered my password, I like to connect automatically to the database and drop the tables.

The RUN COMMAND stops after I enter the password, because it pops up BTEQ tool for my password.

So my question is: 

1-How to continue after I enter my password?

2- It may ask my server name, user, password, and then send within RUN COMMAND TOOL - password should be masked and/or encrypted.... 

3-Best way all these steps should be auto... because everything starts after the tables DROPPED.

Any suggestions?

Albert

0 REPLIES 0
Labels