Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Table Report Formatting Column Error

nxryh
5 - Atom

Hi, Nasriyah here. I am trying to solve this report table format as Total Revenue is not displaying at the last column. How can I go about on solving this problem? much needed help here ~~

Total Revenue (highlighted in blue) should be displayed at the last ColumnTotal Revenue (highlighted in blue) should be displayed at the last Column

3 REPLIES 3
Michal
9 - Comet

Nasriyah,

How does your workflow look like? Is the Total revenue row coming from a separate stream? If so, you can select the order in the union tool.

Alternatively, I assume the Total revenue will always be the highest value in the column, so you can sort it by value.

nxryh
5 - Atom

Hi Michal,

Thanks for the solution ideas, much appreciated. 

Coxta45
11 - Bolide

Furthermore - in some cases (say for instance your blue row was an average instead of total) you can create a "sort" field using a formula, then simply sort the records before the reporting tool and not display that sorting field in the output.

[Sort] = IF IsEmpty([YourDateFields]) THEN 2 ELSE 1 END IF

Sort by [Sort] ASC before the report tool, then simply don't use that field in the table.

Labels