Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Table Report Formatting Column Error

nxryh
5 - Atom

Hi, Nasriyah here. I am trying to solve this report table format as Total Revenue is not displaying at the last column. How can I go about on solving this problem? much needed help here ~~

Total Revenue (highlighted in blue) should be displayed at the last ColumnTotal Revenue (highlighted in blue) should be displayed at the last Column

3 REPLIES 3
Michal
9 - Comet

Nasriyah,

How does your workflow look like? Is the Total revenue row coming from a separate stream? If so, you can select the order in the union tool.

Alternatively, I assume the Total revenue will always be the highest value in the column, so you can sort it by value.

nxryh
5 - Atom

Hi Michal,

Thanks for the solution ideas, much appreciated. 

Coxta45
11 - Bolide

Furthermore - in some cases (say for instance your blue row was an average instead of total) you can create a "sort" field using a formula, then simply sort the records before the reporting tool and not display that sorting field in the output.

[Sort] = IF IsEmpty([YourDateFields]) THEN 2 ELSE 1 END IF

Sort by [Sort] ASC before the report tool, then simply don't use that field in the table.

Labels