Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Skip Last Row

henrygeorge
8 - Asteroid

How do I skip rows at the end of my file without using crew tool SkipLastN

9 REPLIES 9
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @henrygeorge , one of the possible solutions is you can assign record id to the records then sort then by record id desc then use sample tool to skip first n records and then again sort those records by record id asc, this might work for you.

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @henrygeorge ,

after loading the complete file you can add a RecordId, find the number of records using the Count Records tool, append the total number of records to your data using the Append Fields tool and select only rows with [RecordId] < [Count] - number of last records to skip using a Filter tool.

Let me know if it works for you.

Best,

Roland  

wwatson
12 - Quasar

Here is another option. The input has 10 rows and I set this to exclude the last 3 from the output.

wwatson_0-1594803413087.png

inumidun2009
7 - Meteor

Thanks for sharing, Watson.

This was very helpful.

Kind regards.

Taiwo Adegoke.

gregx
8 - Asteroid

Thanks, nice workaround.

On the other hand it's hilarious that there is 'skip N first rows', but no 'skip N last rows'. The fact you have to put 3 tools in order to do that makes Alteryx very inconvenient.

AshRez
7 - Meteor

I agree, Alteryx needs to read these and improve on the tool, without having us to create workarounds all the time. It is called evolution. 

nukamanoj
5 - Atom

Is it not possible to create a new version something called AlteryxAdv where we can include few more tools are amend existing tools to incorporate these new facility?

nukamanoj
5 - Atom

Hi, I have the data contains more than 5000 rows out of which i want to remove only one last row, still we will have to follow this whole process of record IDs?

AndrewDMerrill
13 - Pulsar

@nukamanoj 

a macro is what you are looking for. You can add interface tools to make it behave a lot like typical Alteryx tools, but can extend functionality as well.

Labels