Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Service started and then stopped. ERROR with Alteryx Desktop Automation

NPham00
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

as i tried to start Alteryx Service to configure the Alteryx Scheduler, i got an error popped up below:

"The Alteryx Service service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

I'm having an Alteryx Desktop Automation license. 

Can someone pls help me with a solution for this problem?

Many thanks in advantage.

Best Regards

11 REPLIES 11
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Since this sounds like your local machine, I would just do a quick reboot to save you the time in troubleshooting Let me know if you are still having this issue. 

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
NPham00
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the quick suggestion, the error is sadly still there...

DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@NPham00,

Have you tried restarting the service manually?

Have you made any changes to the scheduler recently?

What version of Alteryx are you on?

DanM

NPham00
8 - Asteroid

I did some System Settings to get the controller token and "worker user" connected. It didn't work because i haven't started Alteryx Service yet, then i tried to start it and it was stopped. It's now doesn't start as well after i reboot my PC.
I'm now in a trip till next monday so i can't tell that the exact version it is. But i guess it was the July 2018 version.

NPham00
8 - Asteroid

I have tried today to reboot my PC and closed every Alteryx files before i started the Alteryx service, but the same problem is still coming.
I have the Alteryx version 2019.2.7.63499.
Do you have any suggestion ?

joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

At this point I would just try a re-install. It will save you a ton of more time in troubleshooting

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
DiganP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@NPham00 Uninstalling/Reinstalling might not do the trick. It could be a permissions/security issue. Try running the service as yourself or an admin. You might have to give it elevated permissions for it to start. 

macro.PNG

Digan
Alteryx
NPham00
8 - Asteroid

I ran the Alteryx Service as an admin like you recommended but the error is sadly still there. In the LastStartupError.txt is the error with port 80. Do you have any idea how to change the port for Alteryx Service, or is there any alternative solution? 

Within attachment are RuntimeSettings.xml and LastStartupError.txt files.
Many thanks

Akhilesh_K
5 - Atom

Hello NPham00, I had the similar issue. There are few areas to check.

1. Check if the 'Run As' account has proper access privileges.

2. Check if the required ports are open in firewall configuration.

3. Check C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Service\LastStartupError.txt

4. Try turning off SSL and starting the service

5. Try restarting server.

One of these should resolve the error. 🙂

Labels