Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx Server and UI Path Integration

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

Greetings friends. I've came across a very important doubt about the integration method with UI path.

To summarize, I would like to create a workflow in alteryx server (so that anyone without licenses can access it) that executes an UI PATH automation that enters in mainframe applications and export PDF reports.

The problem is, this application is only accessed by an individual user (that has to input his personnal password) and when we are talking about alteryx server, I honestly don't know if its possible to make alteryx server run an application in someone's else computer. 

I cant also change the format of the PDF with reporting tools unfortunatelly. The UI path would be responsible to take screenshots for example.

Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@Joker_Hazard Interesting use case but I don't think the server is the issue. You wouldn't be able to accomplish this in Designer let alone server. You could try to create something using the command line tool to access the machine, but I highly doubt your IT would let this happen. There's way too much of a security risk.  

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

Thanks Dan. I kind of imagined that it would be way to risky. 

Labels