Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx Scheduling Issues

narottam
5 - Atom

Server setup information:

“Server 1”: This is Windows server machine, Alteryx is not installed in this machine.

“Server 2”: This is windows server machine, Alteryx designer is installed on this machine and we use this very machine for development purpose.

“Server 2”: This is windows 10 machine, we want to use this for scheduling purposes. We have desktop designer and desktop scheduling installed here.

Problem Statement:

We have all my macros , datahubs, excel sources and excel outputs are stored in “Server 1” B drive.

Alteryx scheduling automation runs on “Server 3”. We have replicated the B Drive of Server 1 via Azure Sync services and when I run the workflow manually on Alteryx GUI on “Server 3” it runs fine accessing paths of B drive. But when I run the same workflow via Scheduler it errors out stating it is not able to reach B drive files.

I tried configuring the scheduling worker services with different account but still I am facing same issue.

4 REPLIES 4
Sebastiaandb
12 - Quasar

@narottam  He! I'm not familiar with the local scheduler as we are using the Alteryx server. Nonetheless, i was wondering if the desktop scheduling package utilizes your user account or not. I bet it has something to do with access rights and i'm not sure but does the local scheduler get a service user account? If so, that should have access to those folders as well.

narottam
5 - Atom

That's the issue, I am not user when the scheduler worker runs which account is being used. It does not create a service also in windows services. From alteryx GUI all works fine but from scheduler it does not work.

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @narottam - Can you please check your Order Form, Exhibit A to make sure that you stay compliant with your license agreement?

Alteryx Desktop Automation provides a licensed Alteryx Designer user with the ability to schedule the refresh or execution of Alteryx Designer workflows within a Windows desktop operating system environment. Each license of Alteryx Desktop Automation is a single named user license for use only by one authorized Alteryx Designer user and may not be shared between multiple Alteryx Designer users. This license does not grant rights to deploy Alteryx Designer and Alteryx Desktop Automation within a Windows server operating system or a virtualized environment.

You may need to have a more detailed discussion with your Account Manager at Alteryx.

narottam
5 - Atom

Hi,

The Alteryx automation is installed on Windows 10 machine only. It is not on windows server machine. 

Labels