Oh no! The Community appears to be haunted! Help us find all the spooky specters here.
We are currently experiencing an issue with Email verification at this time and working towards a solution. Should you encounter this issue, please click on the "Send Verification Button" a second time and the request should go through. If the issue still persists for you, please email support@alteryx.com for assistance.

Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Alteryx Roadmap

Sandy8704
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All,

We have Alteryx 2018.1 running in our system. We want to update it to supported version. 

Let me know if 2018.1 is still supported or not?

What approach I need to follow to update existing version to 2020.x.x?

Please share roadmap and installation documents.

Thank You,

Sandeep

6 REPLIES 6
JosephSerpis
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Sandy8704 this post shows the support policy of Alteryx and it shows the end date of support per version of Alteryx.

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

2018.1 is no longer supported. The current version is 2020.2.

To upgrade your version, you simply have to install a newer version. It will automatically detect and uninstall the older version.

The installers can be found on downloads.alteryx.com. Navigate to the Alteryx Designer section. The current version is listed under New Versions, and older versions are under Previous Versions. Select the version that you would like to install (admin vs. non-admin) and download the installer. You simply have to execute the installer to download the current version.

Capture.PNG

Let me know if you have any additional questions. Hope this helps!

Sandy8704
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you sharing the information it really helps.

Currently, I do not have access to downloads section will work with my manager to get it.

Are there 2 different version admin vs non admin? How would I know which one is running in my environment?

Thanks

Sandy8704
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you Joseph for sharing the information it is helpful.

JosephSerpis
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Sandy8704 there are Admin and Non Admin versions of Alteryx designer meaning you can two versions on your PC. I have 2020.2 Admin and 2019.4 Non Admin their is no difference in terms of functionality. The only difference is in the installation environment they installation your PC. This link explains in more detail. An easy way to tell is if when you search for Alteryx on your PC if (User) is displayed meaning it's non-admin. 

Admin_Non_Admin_2020.JPG

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

You can go to help > about to see which version you have installed. Also, when downloading the current version, you will have to download the installer for the version you would like. The version depends on if you have admin rights on your computer - this is generally set by IT.

There are slight differences between admin and non-admin. See below:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer/Installing-Admin-vs-Non-Admin/ta-p/32929

If this resolves your issue, please mark this as solved so others can find answers more easily.

Labels