Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx Reporting tool

Amy123
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

Can someone help me how to get the exact instructions as output using alteryx reporting tool.

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Amy123 ,

Which reporting tool?

Can you give us some more information about what you're trying to achieve?

Thanks,

M.

Bulien

Amy123
8 - Asteroid

Hi @mceleavey 

I mean to say the attached Input excel I want the same as output and the format should also be same.

Thanks

Pravallika20
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Amy123 ,

1. for the first line, you can use a Report text tool  and you can style it as bold  

2. For the remaining data, you can use the table tool where  Headers will be tab name and tab description . You can add the background colors and text colors to it. Keep the table border condition as No

After this try  joining these both using the union tool and pass it to the Layout tool and select the Layout type as Vertical and pass it to the render tool. Hope this helps😊

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Amy123 

Will this work for you.

Output:

atcodedog05_0-1631008025258.png

Workflow:

atcodedog05_1-1631007801382.png

The workflow also depends on the other sheets in the report file.

Hope this helps : )

Amy123
8 - Asteroid

Hi @atcodedog05 

Instead of Render tool can you use Output tool ?

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Amy123 

Sadly you wont be able to get the formatting using Output tool.

Amy123
8 - Asteroid

Hi @atcodedog05 

So this means we cannot use a render tool and output tool together in a workflow

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Amy123 

We can, the condition is reports output should be outputted first and then output tool output. The reason is report output always overwrite sheets.

Amy123
8 - Asteroid

Hi @atcodedog05 

Can you please show an example

Labels