Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Reporting Merging Cells

jaimonsk
8 - Asteroid

Hello experts,

I've been trying to create an automated  word report for an analysis. Here I encountered a situation similar to this.I would like to merge cells from 3-7 and map it as shown the expected output screenshot

What i currently have

image.png

Expected Output

image.png

Thanks in advance :)

2 REPLIES 2
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @jaimonsk ,

I am not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for, but this post goes over merging cells with the table tool.

I would recommend starting there and see if this gets you started down the right path.

If you are still struggling, could you upload some sample data, as well as your workflow so far? This will help our Community to troubleshoot further.

Thanks!

TrevorS

Community Moderator
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @jaimonsk 

@TrevorS has a good solution but it deals more with merged columns.  Your requirement is for merged rows.  You can do this without using  the reporting tools.

WF.png

The first Multi-Row tool builds up the merged text by adding a newline character ASC(10) between the current text and the text form the line above, based on the "Not Mapped" value in field 2.  The second one adds a new boolean field that determines if we want to keep this row in the output.  The T output of the filter only passes rows where "KeepRow" = true.  The final output in Excel looks like this

Excel.png

The newlines will carry over through the reporting tools to the word document as well.

Dan

Labels