Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx Post Training Survey Q&A

varun511
7 - Meteor

Hello,

Recently we have  partnered with Vendor for Alteryx  boot camp for our  internal users 

Can  anyone let me know what other information you think we should be looking to collect from the users in order to gauge how best to structure our approach to enablement?

Below are my  points what i am thinking if anyone have better ideas if you could let me know highly appreciated

Name:

Email Address:

Department:

Working Hours / TimeZone:

Alteryx Use Case : Please provide a brief description of how you intend to use Alteryx inclusive of your data source:

Alteryx Training Requirements : Following on from the bootcamp please provide details of specific areas of Alteryx functionality where you feel more training would be beneficial

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @varun511,

I would suggest utilising the ms form to gather this information. Thanks to that, you will not need to ask about a name and email address.

My team also got it connected with data like region and department not sure if you can do that on your side. Still, thanks to that, you will get better data quality as this will be populated automatically.

If I got information about the region, I wouldn't ask about working hours as you can automatically populate that based on the area.

About a use case, I would ask how big the saving/dollar value is associated with that.

I would also ask them if they think the Alteryx will be beneficial for him and if he\she is planning to use it. I would even go further and personally talk with people that looked most interesting.

It would help you to identify potential advocates, and this is super important for successful Alteryx implementation.

Maybe you want to share the article that I wrote some time ago, which I think could be helpful for potential advocates of the tool.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/The-Beginner-s-Guide-to-Implementing-Alteryx-in-Your/b...

Good luck!

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

On the general topic of engagement, I went to a great presentation recently where the company provided some information on how they grew their Alteryx user base.  A few highlights were:

Provide and manage training

Create an online community for knowledge sharing

Provide technical coaching

Consulting to explain how analytics can achieve objectives

Help departments leverage the tools available

Provide licenses, and reclaim unused licenses

Ensure analysts are creating workflows that are safe, secure, and efficient

Help analysts manage and share data

Their centralized team has 9 members, who don't build many (or any) workflows; they only help other analysts.

They also maintained a centralized list of Tableau dashboards, because many of their Alteryx workflows fed the dashboards.

Chris

Labels