Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Pairing Reversals Workflow

meljundi002
6 - Meteoroid

Hello everyone, I've been spinning my wheels on this problem for waaay too long. Basically I'm trying to build a workflow which adds a column to my original data set. Let's call this column "Netting". My goal is to match each pair of debits and credits to each other so they net out to exactly zero. My problem arise when the debit and credit counts are not the same, for example in rows 1 to 3, we have 2 debits and 1 credit amount. Only 2 of those should be flagged as "Yes" in the netting column, while the extra debit should be either null or "No".

If anyone can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated. I've attached a workflow to help visualize what the current population looks like. I do have instances in my population which have 10 debits and 7 credits for example, so I only neet 7 of those debits to be flagged and all of the credits.

Thanks in advance! 

meljundi002_0-1669932661329.png

14 REPLIES 14
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@meljundi002 thanks for providing more data, updated the workflow, please check and let me know

binuacs_0-1670283672626.png

meljundi002
6 - Meteoroid

hi @binuacs Really appreciate your help on this. I believe you might have uploaded the incorrect workflow since this is what I'm currently seeing and when I run it I end up with different results than your screenshot.

meljundi002_0-1670284599979.png

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@meljundi002 Sorry, please find the workflow attached

binuacs_0-1670316382984.png

meljundi002
6 - Meteoroid

@binuacs Legend! This works now. Really appreciate the help, you probably saved me from getting fired lol 😁

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@meljundi002 Glad to know that it worked!!!!

Labels